Friday, September 9, 2011

Tell Tofurkey to get bent!

What do we have here, a log of some kind? Looks kind of plain, is this a batch of slice and bake cookie dough, or some sort of crazy mystery meat?
Yes, it is a log. No, it ain't cookie dough. And a big FAT NO to the mystery of this meat. This is a shot of what you can do with Celine and Tami's Gobbler Slices from their upcoming sandwich book. I put mine on a cibatta roll with bacon bitz, red onion, beannaise*(DUDE OMG!), and some fresh parsley and tomatoes from my garden.

Are you sick of reading about this cook book? You shouldn't. You should be setting aside some money to buy it, and more importantly buy some stock in what could possibly be the best seitan based meat since Tofurkey. You hear me, Tofurkey? Be afraid. Be very afraid.

It's that good.

4 comments:

sgcorrie said...

You are the best advertising for this sandwich book. I want to buy it NOW.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Sounds awesome - I will check it out!! And will probably make it.
Except for the whole "convenience" factor. (Yes, I make 90% of my food from scratch, but I happen to be a fan of the easy-open plastic sandwich "meat" packages too) *sigh*

Jen said...

@ Marti, once you buy the book, you'll find the recipe is so easy and makes so much that you won't mind the time it takes to make it.

Vegan Fazool said...

You read my mind! Been looking for the perfect home made seitanic log of power tofurkey replica recipe! Rock on!