Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oreo going to eat that sandwich?

O.S.I.M. gonna eat that sandwich! Here's another creation from Celine and Tami's upcoming sandwich cookbook. I finished making this at night, so I had to use a flash. I really, really need help with my food photography. I know much of this can be remedied with a nicer camera. Oh seasoned bloggers, what do you do?

The answer to most of my questions is to eat. This sammie was so huge, I had no qualms about splitting it with a friend over a cup of coffee and good conversation. This is called the Oreo Wafflewich. Do I really need to describe this for you to want to eat a chocolate devil food waffle sandwich with vanilla icing? I didn't think so. I see you drooling.

So I've decided I'm not going to be a big tease and let y'all know about my Vegan MOFO plans. I figure it will help traffic so I can reach my 1 million hit goal during MOFO.

Since MOFO is during October, one would naturally assume that having a month long theme about spooky food would be a good idea. How about a month long theme dedicated to one of the best vampire dramas on premium television? That's right kids, you're going to get some TRUE GRUB. I was inspired by Isa and our mutual fascination of True Blood. I have been toiling over this for a few months now, making huge messes in the kitchen, and will be blogging about some very traditional Louisiana cuisine and gory food that has been veganized to the max. Are you excited? I am.

Go tell as many people as you can that you know a chick who can veganize a pork rind casserole.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

OMG! I didn't even think about the possibility that there'd be dessert sandwiches in this book!! That looks AMAZING!!

Tami said...

Yes, True Blood food blog! You rock.