i like me some chili. i also like a good pun on a terrible song by the infamous luther campbell. i also like feng-shuiing things. the pantry and the freezer needed to be purged, so this was the result! it's the time of year where it is always too dark to take a good outdoor food porn photo, so i had to use the flash. apologies.
chili-con-corny (get it?)
- 2 c. pinto beans (cooked or canned, it doesn't matter. i defrosted some cooked from the freezer. if you choose to use canned, make sure to drain all the nasty sodium-y bean juice from the can)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can of corn
- 1 c. of tomato soup (prepared, i used imagine brand)
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 T ms. dash chipotle
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 3/4 c frozen pepper/onion blend (kroger makes this, pre-chopped and ready to go!)
- 1/2 t dried garlic, or 1 clove of fresh, minced
- 2 small bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
saute onion/pepper/garlic in some olive oil in a pan. add tomatoes, beans, corn, and tomato soup. add spices and bay leaves simmering for about 10 minutes. cool and store in fridge. tastes better the second day!
i garnished this dish with corn chips, avocado slices, tofutti sour supreme, and frank's red hot. it was super good.