Sunday, October 4, 2009

the always amazing ever changing burrito! vegan MOFO day 4


burritos are another food form that gives the aspiring chef the freedom for extreme creativity. think about it: the possibilities are endless! you have a variety of tortillas, beans, and veggies to work with. screw that boring old meat and bean burrito. enter the realm of the vegan burrito! the combination above is a mixture of pinto beans, broccoli, and the cheez sauce from page 68 of the ultimate uncheese cookbook. i topped the casserole dish with the remaining beans, cheese sauce, and broccoli.
one challenge i experience with burritos is the transfer from casserole dish to plate without them falling apart! they're still pretty yummy--but pardon the presentation. here's said burrito on my lunch plate topped with my yummy homemade salsa.

4 comments:

nora said...

It's been too long since I had a huge ass burrito. yummmmm

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I'm from Texas, so we eat more tacos than burritos. I do love me a burrito. Bean and potato all the way!

Leslie Richman said...

I love burritos so much. I can't even expound on that, because that sums it up. LOVE them!!!

Jen Treehugger said...

That looks awesome! The messier the better!
:)