Tuesday, February 17, 2009

sometimes you just gotta...

...have a nice greezy sammich. well, this isn't made entirely of grease. all the fat is good fat. i went to the trouble to pair this buffalo seitan sammich with celery stix and vegan baked beans. i just didn't want to try to fool you into believing that the sub was health food. i took some seitan, and bathed it in a nice gravy of frank's red hot and earth balance, and put it on a multi grain roll with some veganaise. who says you can't have some nice pub grub while yer vegan? if you can imagine it, it can be veganized. note: some things shouldn't be veganized, like haggis. blech.

next up: vegan filly cheez no-steaks. yeah, another awesome sammie.

5 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha I've never had haggis! I guess I'm lucky.

Bianca said...

That's funny because I actually own a cookbook with a vegan haggis recipe! I haven't tried it, but I've considered out of sheer curiousity.

Your sandwich looks and sounds fantastic! I'm all about some seitan with frank's red hot and EB.

As for free samples, I just lucked out. I looked up Zukay's website to see where I could buy the stuff. But there are no stores that sell it in Tennessee. So I just emailed them to ask when it might be available here and they offered some samples. Score! Only now, when I run out, I will be sad cause I can't get more unless I order it...which I guess I'll have to....

Joanna said...

this is definitely grade A bar food if i've ever seen it.

i cannot even imagine haggis being veganized. that is so wrong. i ate it in sixth grade in my geography class. we were learning about ireland i think. god, it was so nasty.

jen, i didn't even post a pic of my hair because it looks so bad!! haha i'm hope after another month, the oil will level out.

Leslie Richman said...

Yummy! (Unyummy: heard about vegan haggos on a podcast once.)

Anonymous said...

Vegan haggis! Hilarious. You're totally right.
Also, my favorite food is Frank's sauce. Amazingness.