Sunday, February 1, 2009

it's okay to be a little snobby

**note: sorry i've been away for a few days. i was out of town and just got back a few hours ago. i'll post pics from my favorite restaurant, shawarma king in the next post.


i don't like vegangelicals or vegan douche bags, although most of the time these people are one in the same. i don't want to talk about my veganism in a way that alienates other people. i want veganism to be an inspiring topic, and i'm happy with the way i eat. even though some vegans can be really elitist, i will say this: i love snobby joes. they kick all other sloppy joes asses. this veganomicon recipe states they are "snobby" because they think they are better than the other sammiches because they aren't made with meat. my omnivore spouse loves these. i could easily eat five. this recipe is awesome for more than just the it-ain't-made-of-meat reason:
  • it doesn't take long to make
  • lentils are a super food--FIBER!
  • this tastes better the next day
  • cheaper to make than sloppy joes
  • this recipe is a potluck pleaser
i make mine on a grilled bun and serve 'em with home fries and a frosty ginger ale.
what's your favorite sammich?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

That snobby joe looks pretty awesome.

My favorite sammich tends to be the reuben. I like it with chickpea cutlets.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my very favorite recipes from V'Con!!! I love it!!

Mmm, now I'm craving Snobby Joes.

Abby said...

Ohmy, i bet this snobby is better than the carnivore version ;p

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

every time i see a pic of these I wonder why I haven't made them yet, they look superrad.