Wednesday, February 11, 2009

picasso tacos

i knew my $43k art degree would pay off one day. i present the picasso taco. it's a blue corn taco shell filled with brown rice, black beans, carrots, onions, corn, and mild salsa. the outside is decorated with cheez sauce from the ultimate uncheese cookbook on pg. 68, dollops of chipotle soy sour cream, avocados, and spanish olives.

since i have braces, i stuffed all the taco shells in a casserole dish and poured generous amounts of store bought (ack!) salsa verde and mild salsa. i covered it with foil and baked for 35 minutes at 350. so the shells were mushy. so it was kind of a hybrid between wet burrito and taco. once my braces are off i plan on eating an entire buffet of the crunchiest foods i can find.

after taking a taco out of the casserole dish, i did all the decoratin' and whatnot. the best part was the eatin' of course!

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

This looks so yummy and I loved the presentation! It IS very Picasso-esqe! Yumm!

Bianca said...

That is very Picasso-ish! You should check out Vegan Dad's latest post if you haven't already...very similar theme.

And chipotle soy sour cream?! Holy crap! Did you make that? What'd you do? Or did you buy it? If so, I gotta know where....

I've considered getting braces, but worried that I'd get really frustrated with them. I should have gotten them a long time ago!!! The no popcorn thing would just kill me...

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

You are HILARIOUS! And so creative!

Anonymous said...

Deeelicious!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

ha those are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I had braces for 5 years! Just thinking about it makes me shudder and want to go brush my teeth.