Monday, November 7, 2011

When faced with non-vegan breakfast...

I no longer pine for what the omnis are eating or get jealous over their food. Nope. My many suggestions to Sweetwater's Donuts-(yep, that's how they spell it) to carry a vegan line have fallen on deaf ears, and whenever my buddies from MI come to visit us, they bring a box of joy with them. I'm tellin' you, SW doughnuts are awesome.

You know what would be REALLY RAD? If my gaggle of vegan foodies and omni reading fans went to the website and suggested en masse that the Stadium Drive location start carrying a vegan line. Emphasize that veg heads from a tri state area would likely stampede for one. If they need an example you can always tell them about Voodoo Doughnuts being profitable for offering the vegan option. So click on the link in the first paragraph, and contact them with the suggestion. DO IT! Do you hear me, Mindy?

The sandwich shown above is my response to that box of doughnuts whispering, It's okay Jen. The vegan police don't have to know. Eat one.

The problem is I KNOW. What is it I'm craving? Crunchy? Buttery? Sweet? Chocolatey? Well, If I grill me a sammich with chocolate chips, peanut butter, and a few banana slices I have better than a doughnut. I have a Knownut.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

I'm sad that Memphis doesn't have vegan donuts either. We have cupcakes and cookies and brownies and all sorts of vegan savory options. But no donuts. :-(

Samblerg said...

Hi nice reading your blog