okay, where's garfield? you know who he is--that sarcastic fat cat who lives with his nebbish owner and a hyperactive dog named odie. that cat loves lasagna, and so do i. last year for mofo, i made this butternut squash lasagna. this year, rachwins on the ppk forum requested a lasagna dish. so out of laziness-- i married a little of the old with the new and came up with this: lentil, spinach, and butternut squash lasagna with whole wheat noodles. sounds too healthy to be tasty, right? wrong! this meal kept both our bellies and house nice and warm on one of the first cold days of fall.
i tested this on one of my vegetarian employees at work who described it as "restaurant worthy." if i served it in a restaurant, i'd call it "the demigoddess." to make the lasagna, go to the butternut squash lasagna recipe and sub the soysage with a mixture of lentils sauteed with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and onion salt. as aforementioned, lentils are an awesome, cheap, and healthy alternative to ground meat and that hexane laced overpriced fake meat that you find at the grocery store.
so let's recap this first week of MOFO:
- cevi-che guevara taco platter for nickvicious
- persimmon softies for isa chandra and per-cinnamon crunch muffins for tamasin
- mo betta taters for monique
- close enough for lebalu
- dag-would sammie for vijita
- demigoddess lasagna for rachwins
- sing along, sing a joyous purple song
- zoiks! i'm having an eating crisis
- cheeseburger in paradise?
- coma inducing dessert
- candy apples for breakfast?
- and so much more!