Monday, January 5, 2009

you made WHAT outta THAT?

sometimes i feel like doin' a little experimenting in tha kitchen. get the fuck outta here, really? yep. i took a can of lima beans and made hummus out of them and ((using a heavy metal falsetto)) IT WAS AWESOME! don't get too excited, it's not like i invented the wheel. anyone can make hummus out of any kind of bean, really. you just need to make sure you use good olive oil, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. i paired this stuff with some buttered/fried pita bread and some fettuccine salad with balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and artichoke hearts.


jewbacca's lima bean hummus

1 can of lima beans (drained and rinsed, please. canned beans are SO high in sodium)
1 lemon, juiced
2-3 big cloves of garlic (i'm a garlic whore. seriously.)
2 T of tahini
1 T of ms. dash sun dried tomato and basil blend
1t oregano
1t rosemary
1t sea salt
1/8 c. of olive oil
1/4 c. water

put that shit in a blender and puree until it's smooth. garnish with extra ms. dash and some olive oil. goes well with buttered n' grilled pita


4 comments:

Bianca said...

Dude, I just found a bag of limas in my freezer that I hand-picked and shelled this summer and promptly forgot about. I'd have to cook them first and allow them to cool, but I think I'll make them with them soon!

And thanks for testing the waffles (I'm just catching up!). I doubt I could whoop you though. I, too, am a giant wuss.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

sounds good, I often cook way too many beans and end up makinng something vaguely resembling hummus!

Leslie Richman said...

Yum! That looks really good.

Nicole said...

That looks awesome, and I admit, I too am a garlic whore. I can eat it raw.