Thursday, January 8, 2009

i never skip dessert

you can't make me skip dessert, ever. and you'll never catch me doing something stupid like being on a diet. i'm addicted to sweets and figure in a world where there are so many other vices, say being shitty to others, smoking, drinking, voting republican, or shoplifting-- i can live with this one. featured above is a s'mores brownie ala mode-(i think i got the recipe from fatfree vegan-(but added my own substitutions to make it full of fat), and below is my favorite dessert, miki's pumpkin bread-(sans nuts) from La Dolce Vegan, or randomhag.com.
is there a food you can't live without? what is it?

6 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

That s'mores brownie ice cream thing looks magical.

I love (surprisingly!) the raw apple pie in Ani Phyo's "uncookbook." It is sweet and crunchy and bizarrely good for something so healthy.

miss v said...

awesome. i say, pick your vice and own it!

i don't think i could ever live without chips and salsa. i mean, i love all things tomato, but salsa is serious addiction for me. :)

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I can't live without bread. Or peanut butter.

VeganCowGirl said...

I agree 100%, and I find that the more dessert I have the way less shitty I am to people. :)

The brownie looks to die for. I will be right over!

For me...my vice is....right now??? chocolate soy milk...and avocado. Beautiful avocado. Now I must go and eat...avocado.

Bianca said...

I love that voting Republican is a vice! Ha! You're so right!

I'm trying to eat more dessert. I love dessert, but I typically eat too much before dessert. Then I get full and stay full until time to eat again. So there's never room for dessert. But I'm working on portion control, so I'll get hungrier more often, thus allowing room for sweets.

As for foods I can't live without, I'd say Ramen noodles, peanut butter and ricemellow cream sandwiches, and tofu.

Gina said...

I love dessert also :) Yummy. That brownie ice cream creation looks fantastic.

I don't think I could live without bananas. And peanut butter. And the two of them together. I'm also pretty fond of these little licorice things I got from Trader Joe's, but could probably live without them...