Friday, January 16, 2009

i'm a nut slut (good lord that sounds dirty!)

comedian jim gaffigan talks about how people just can't stop with a bite of tasty food, someone always wants to add something to it. well, he's right. i couldn't just stop with bananas and nuts in the banana nut muffin recipe from vegan-a-go-go. i'm a bonafide nut slut. i didn't have walnuts, so i subbed hazelnuts and pecans. i had some dried cranberries taking up space in the pantry, so i added those too. the result: a flavor explosion that would make the grill pop outta a vegan gangsta's mouth. banana-fanna-fo-fanna-pecan-hazelnut-cranberry muffins. holy shit, these were awesome!

confess...what do you HAVE to add to a recipe to make it just right for YOU?

3 comments:

Leslie Richman said...

I want to get Vegan A Go Go. Your cooking sounds great!

Chelsea said...

The new header looks great! And I want a muffin to go with my coffee! :)

Things I tend to add: flax, nooch, walnuts (to any Italiany recipe, they are the bomb on pizza!), Sriracha, and I always double the spicy stuff in recipes.

Joanna said...

you are a nut slut, but a friendly one at that. these look delicious. stopping myself from adding too many ingredients is always tough for me to do.

i'd say that i add nooch, brags, and sea salt to everything. i can't help it!!