Tuesday, January 20, 2009

long distance dedication


this is the chocolate upside down pudding cake from vegan-a-go-go. let me tell you something, after you eat this cake--you'll be buzzing around your living room like beavis and butthead doing the cornholio dance because it's full of some bad-assed sugary goodness. i'm not going to be the kind of vegan that says, "oh i don't eat sweets because they're so toxic for you!" i really don't give a shit. i don't drink, i don't smoke, i don't do drugs, and i quit eating animals and their by-products. if i'm gonna be guilty of anything, let it be my foul language and insatiable sweet tooth.

if y'all haven't made this kind of cake before, it seems a little confusing. i felt like i was doing something wrong. the cake batter is kind of like cookie dough, and you put it in a loaf pan. then you spread the sugar cocoa mix on top of the batter and cover it with boiling water. once the cake is in the oven *****magic*****happens. the cake rises to the top and the sugar/cocoa/water mixture turns into a glorious chocolate pudding-y syrup. of course, to cut the sweetness it only makes sense to serve it with a scoop of rice dream.

i thought it would be appropriate to dedicate this awesome dessert to Chocolate Covered Vegan. i really enjoy her blog. i enjoy many vegan blogs, but i find her style to be quite endearing. she's really good about taking pictures of her meals and has an awesome habit of actually representing all of the vegan food groups, a practice i wish i could follow. she's super cute to boot. actually, she's that kind of gorgeous that i find intimidating, but that's just my insecurities talking. i have a feeling that her spirit is just as attractive as her doe eyes and phenomenal smile.

do i have a nerd crush? ((((blushing)))) wouldn't be the first one.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

That looks tasty! I thought Vegan a GoGo was a travel book? I didn't know it has recipes! And cheers to CCV, she's a super rad lady! I should go warm up a Xocalat bar in her honor :)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Oh My GOD Jen, thank you so much! I can't tell you how much your kind words mean to me. Wow, you have not only made my night, but my YEAR. Seriously-- tears in my eyes.

I only wish I could enjoy that sundae for real... someday we'll have to meet up for vegan sundaes! Til then, I think I'm at least going to have to get over to Barnes and Nobles soon, because I am a huge fan of pudding and cake (and chocolate, duh), so this dessert sounds PERFECT!

Laura said...

this is me exactly!! if a sweet tooth is our worst vice, then i think we are doing ourselves and the world a big favor!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

That looks so freakin ace. I think that recipe (or one VERY similar) is in the garden of vegan too cuz I was eyeing the other day thinking it sounded like squidgy goodness!

Hurrah for sugar addictions & potty mouths!! :)

Thanks for your message on foodbuzz too - I just joined so i'm still trying to work it out at the moment!

Leslie Richman said...

I'm in full on agreement about sugar...I am damn near straight-edge with my non-smoking, barely-drinking self, so I totally let myself eat vegan junkfood! That cake looks amazing. I really want to get Vegan A Gogo!!

Anonymous said...

If you're going to have a nerd crush, CCV is a great choice - she's super-cool. I had to laugh when I read the cornjulio dance - good grief, I am 17 years old all over again! Love it!

Abby said...

Hi there! I'm planning to be a vegetarian, but I don't know how to maintain it. I tried to be lacto-ovo-vegetarian but my sschool and social events do not permit me to be one due to a lot of social eating with friends and family, so I can't be too picky with what I eat. As a vegetarian, what suggestions could you give me to cope up with this? I hope you'll take time to repond to this, because I admire people like you who can resist meat without the hassles. BTW, I changed my blog address to www.justsweeterthansugar.blogspot.com./ Feel free to visist ir anytime ;) Thank you and keep posting ;)