Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Restaurant Review: A Taste of India, Bloomington

For Valentine's Day, Mr. J. took me to A Taste of India to eat a taste bud tingling dinner. I haven't wanted to eat much Indian food since going vegan because of the cream or butter used in most of the dishes. I used the ultra handy VegIU guide and felt confident because they assured most veg dishes could be made vegan.

Guess what? I got better than that. There is a cute little V with a leaf by all dishes that are vegan. There were so many to choose from, but we settled on samosas, chili pakora, chana masala, and bombay aloo. Mr. J. ordered his potatoes hot--I'm a heat person and I found them to be almost too spicy!

For the two of us the meal was less than $30 without a tip: that was for two appetizers, two entrees, and no dessert--which was fine because we were stuffed. The service was amazing, and the atmosphere was very romantic. There's a small section to sit on the floor if you so desire, and they have a flat screen television above the bar area that has Bollywood movies playing. I don't know what we were watching, but there was a parade of fabulous dancing led by a guy with a magnificent mullet. My only regret is not having my camera. Shame on me. So you'll have to deal with the picture of a batch of seitan tikka masala I made a couple of years ago. I really need to make that again. That was foodgasm inducing.

4 comments:

SoundsLikeCanada said...

That place sounds wonderful! Is that where the crepe restaurant used to be? I also like the VegIU link you included. That's helpful for planning where to eat when I visit town - which will hopefully be much more often, because my parents are moving there in about a year!

Jen said...

Hey A,

Gosh I miss you! Lemme know when you're back in town! Yes, it is where Cafe et Crepe was. They've really gave the inside a nice makeover.

Anonymous said...

聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站 , 聊天交友網站

Seafood Recipes said...

Thank you for writing thiis