Friday, February 3, 2012

Product Review: Turtle Island Tempeh

While I will happily make my own vegan lunch meat, I'll never be so vegan that I make my own tofu or tempeh. Just not going to do it. Not that ambitious. I have kids to parent, and crappy t.v. to watch.

Turtle Mountain Foods seasoned tempeh is awesome because there is absolutely no guess work on getting the marinade just right. Unlike other companies that make products with a flavor and fail, TM does it flawlessly. I braised mine in a non-stick skillet and made spring rolls with the tempeh, avocado, celery, and carrot. When I paired that with some coconut curry soup, I had a really nice meal to share with the Mr. Verdict? Hands down, two turntables and a microphone.

So, hey Turtle Mountain Foods: my birthday is on the 13th and you should send me some coupons. Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.