TGIJ- (thank g-d it's jewbaccas!) you should really click on this photo to appreciate the awesomeness...
artichoke dip with deli olives, kalamata olive bread, and yellow bell peppers
i've only been to a TGIF once (in pregan days, of course) and it was gross. the only sit down chain place i've ever really liked was applebee's but since going vegan i find their fare just as revolting. anyway, the TGIF in bloomington endured a scandal a couple years back: one of the prep cook's fingertips was cut off and ended up in someones salad, no shit. there isn't a link to the story because it conveniently disappeared. gross, eh? so my husband and i have called them TGI Fingers. and yes, i laughed like a teenager as i typed that.
this recipe is for the awesome hot artichoke dip from yer pregan days made into a kick assed vegan version. i promise you there are no fingers in this, but you might be tempted to lick your own:
jewbacca's okeydokeyartichokey dip:
- 3/4 c. follow yer heart monterey jack style cheez, grated
- 1/2 c. veganaise
- 2 cloves of garlic (use a garlic press)
- 2 to 3 small zucchinis (shredded with a cheez grater) OR use 1 pkg of frozen thawed chopped spinach. make sure all the water is drained.
- 1 heaping T of crushed red pepper
- 1 t bragg's
- 1 small jar of artichoke hearts
- 1/4 c vegan parmesan
- preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x9 casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- run your food processor on pulse with the artichoke hearts-(juice and all), veganaise, red pepper.
- mix the artichoke blend with the shredded cheeze, zucchini, and bragg's
- bake for 35 minutes. this should get nice and bubbly.
- top with vegan parmesan and bake for another 5-10 minutes.