Thursday, December 11, 2008

on the mend


hey vegan bloggin' buddies:


thanks for the tons o' love. i'm still hurting pretty bad. i bounce back and forth from feeling okay to being a complete faucet face. normally, i would distract myself with taking pictures of awesome food i've made but a) my camera died and b) i haven't felt like cooking.


i had google ad sense on my blog for a week or so, and took it off because all it showed were stupid assed diet ads. i thought the ad sense would advertise cool vegan things since this is a vegan blog, but i guess i was wrong. i apologize that you had to even look at them. i drew the line when the ad sense said something about "oprah's secret weight loss plan." gross. not only do i hate diets, but i hate oprah. i know hate isn't a very vegan sentiment, but good lord--have you ever met anyone so self absorbed?


perhaps i'll get a new camera and be back in the swing of things. again, thanks for all the good vibes. i realize clairisse's death will take a while to get over, and that there will always be a part of me that will be sad about it.


xo,

jen

4 comments:

Bianca said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better! As cliche as it may sound, time heals.

As for the ad thing, how weird. I've never heard of Google ad sense (nor did I notice the ads...must have been distracted by all the lovely food!). But too bad it didn't advertise vegan stuff! I like Oprah, ever since she did that vegan diet thing and because she loves Obama. But I wouldn't want her weight loss ad on my site either.

Joanna said...

oh jen. i, too, feel the same way about oprah. she acts like her shit don't stink.

was clarisse your only cat or do you have other animals??

i felt the same way when my cat was put to sleep. i was just really upset because it happened while i was at work!! nobody called me and said she was being put to sleep, so i found out when i got home.

eventually, i realized that she was only suffering and it was hard watching her like that.

hopefully, you'll get a new camera. taking pictures (esp. of food) always make me happy.

Chelsea said...

As far as Oprah goes, there is someone more self-absorbed! Her name is Tyra, and she just may be the devil to feminists everywhere. It snowed here in Portland so my work is closed, and I just had the tv on and her ridiculous show came on... it's bad. Like, BAAAAAD.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Take your time mending! We're still here for you!

Wow, those ads sound annoying. I just signed up for foodbuzz, and they let you tell them if you object to meat/dairy ads. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll get you a referral to be a featured publisher :o)