Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dusting Off My Sticky Buns

 So, back when I last wrote, I talked about losing my appetite. Well, fell down hard. Bad enough where it seemed the whole world saw my pannies. I dusted off my buns, I got some help for the loss of appetite and much-much-more, and have been out of commission for the past week resting in a quiet place.  It's been rough, but I found bits of myself and my stomach again. We sent the kids to Columbus, OH to stay with relatives and picked them up yesterday.

So what does all that have to do with the price of tea in China? Well, Pattycake Bakery is just 3.5 miles from our relatives house, so we made a pit stop for some sticky buns before returning to Indiana.
And oh what sticky buns they are! Melt in your mouth deliciousness. The cure all for any drought of appetite. Just look at how deep that frosting goes! Straight to my soul, I tells you. Cinnamon and frosting fixes everything.

Taking the time to take care of myself has been a blessing. Being away made me miss my home cooking, which helped me get my desire to eat back from the basement. Hospitals really need to get on board with vegan eats. Then again, those kinds of places aren't exactly known for their gourmet cuisine.

Thanks to all of you readers for loving me during this rough patch. Your dedication means the world to me.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are some sweet lookin' buns. :-)

For the love of True Blood, I hope you get the time to relax and enjoy all the little things. Good luck with all the crap you've got going on. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way!

Lauren said...

Looooooove Pattycake.. I keep meaning to order some of their goodies through the mail.

Good luck with everything and I hope you're back soon!