Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ain't No Party Like a Cookie Party, 'Cause a Cookie Party Don't Stop

 Here's just a sampling of the cookies I made for my own going away party. Yes, I throw my own going away party parties because that's how I roll. Turns out, I'm moving after all. Are you ready for me, Kalamazoo? Pictured above are the chocolate mint wafer cookies from The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur. I like to omit the cocoa in the actual cookie dough because I think they are pretty rich, so I save the chocolate BOOM for the coating. I also add a little peppermint extract to the coating for an extra peppermint kiss.

The middle photo are said cookies nekkid. I also made them gluten free by using a half blend quinoa and spelt flour and 1.5 t of xanthan gum. Don't forget that xanny, because it keeps GF cookies from crumbling to bits. The result are a nice crisp cookie. I haven't perfected GF softies just yet.
And for my old standby: the cheater cho chip wonder. Duncan Hines cake mixes, not all but most are accidentally vegan. Just sub a flax seed egg for the traditional hen egg, 1/4 c. canola oil, and 2 cap full of soy milk. That gives you PERFECT dough. Roll dough into balls, flatten with the palm of your hand and plant them with chips of your choice. Kroger Private Selection Organic Chocolate Chips are vegan. I personally like a chip in each bite, so I like to plant them in by hand as opposed to adding 3/4 c. of chips only to have 1 cookie with 999 chips and the rest with two a piece.

At 350 for exactly 10 minutes will give you the perfect soft batch cookie. So if you're pressed for time, go ahead, throw together some semi-homemade goodness. Your friends will never know unless you tell them.

No comments: