Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The cat is outta the bag. No, the cat is on the bread. D'oh--the cat is having a sandwich. There. I said it.

Okay, I can finally talk about one of the secret projects I've been working on without getting beat up! I know what you're thinking: is being pummeled vegan? Depends on who you ask.

A couple of months ago, I was asked by Tamasin Noyes-(Author of American Vegan Kitchen) herself to test for a vegan sammich cookbook that she and Celine Steen-(co-author of 500 Vegan Recipes and an all around vegan best kept secret) are working on right now. Ska-wee! I'm so flattered to be a tester. It is hard work, but oh-so-rewarding. I'm no longer afraid of working with yeast, and I'm been exposed to flavor combinations that are so awesome, they've melted my brain. Pictured above is the Mushroom Mania with Crispy Leeks. If you are a mycophile, this is the sammie for you.

I have more pictures, but I thought I'd pace myself.

I still can't believe in a few short days I'll be in Portland!

2 comments:

Tami said...

So glad to have you, Jen. Enjoy VVC!

Bianca said...

Yea!!! I can't wait for this book! And that sammie sounds fantastic! And I'm gonna see your ass in 3 days!! Are you arriving on Thursday for the meet and greet?