i say, "whatever." which is also passe.
i'll tell you what isn't old news: this soup--the red lentil and root veggie dal from appetite for reduction. i know, i know--low fat?!?! anything i've tried that is low fat usually tastes like dirt, but hear me out: this ain't no old school weight loss cook book full of gross recipes that make you hungry five minutes later. this is a whole foods cook book that isa wrote for herself and decided to share with everyone. i'm glad she did. many of the recipes can be made in a flash if you're a busy beaver like moi. this soup is incredibly filling, savory, and didn't taste like cardboard. bravo!
i've tried the following so far:
- red lentil and root veggie dal- WIN!
- i can't remember the name of the dressing, but it reminded me of annie's goddess dressing- WIN!
- roasted apple/butternut squash soup- not for me. i found this to be odd, since i like this combo in baked goods. just not soup.
- sanctuary dressing-WIN! if you miss ranch dressing this is for you. great dip for veggies and bread sticks.
- savory broiled tofu-SUPER WIN and SUPER EASY! ***tip: make a few batches to use throughout the week. makes great reubens.