Tuesday, January 25, 2011

so far my blogging goal hasn't been going that well...

yeah, so that whole 'i'm-gonna-blog-at-least-three-times-a-week' thing ain't going so well. i'm hoping to change that soon. pshaw. this is my last week working full-time, and i'm looking forward to my return to part-time status so i don't have to feel so rushed when putting dinner together for everyone. point in case: the sandwich hanging out above this paragraph. that's a fridgey feng shui sort of thing i threw together that gave me a couple hours of heartburn. i took some spinach, onions, and peppers--sauteed them all and threw it with some yves vegan peperoni slices and rice vegan cheese on a toasted bun, sort of a vegan ode to quizno's. would i do this again? sure, it wasn't a bad sammie; however, i would skip the rice vegan slices. most vegan cheeses suck and i have just learned to go without most of them, but i thought i'd give that brand a whirl because i got it on clearance once. it doesn't melt. it just bubbles up and toughens a bit. one could very easily end up with a pseudo rawhide chew if they weren't careful.

now here's a fast meal i could eat 5 times a week: snobby joes from veganomicon paired with some fast oven fries. to make the fries, just sliced a baked potato about 1/4 thick, massage with a teeny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper them, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 7-8 minutes. not a potato chip, not a french fry. something in between those two worlds. snobby joes are awesome, the recipe makes quite a bit, it freezes well, thaws well, and makes my daughter deliriously happy. here she is in a post snobby joe stupor:
kind of reminds me of nick nolte's mug shot, only happier.


Candy Beans said...

It's amazing how much harder blogging goals are to meet than they sound. I'm slogging through my own month-long daily posting goal.

The picture of your daughter is adorable!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I hate making blog goals because I always fail miserably. I aim for twice a week, but that almost never happens.

That last picture is so frickin cute!