Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mean Greens



It's that time of year--let salad season begin! But do it right, don't mess around with iceberg lettuce. That shit is awful. Go grow yourself some greens or get some at the farmer's market.

The picture above is of my mean green bowl. I have a special blend that is just right for me, so I'll share it with you. Top it with whatever you want, it's a friggin' salad! I topped my greens with Beanfield's Plain Bean and Rice Chips, avocado slices, salsa, and some spicy three pepper hummus.

Jen's Mean Green Blend
  • A bunch of red cabbage leaves
  • Butter crunch lettuce
  • Portuguese Kale
  • Tat Soi (aka spoon mustard)
  • Spinach
  • Swiss chard
  • Beet greens
Rinse, chop, and mix all the aforementioned greens. The tat soi is pretty strong, so use it to taste. Serve in a tofu scramble, or eat as a salad! Greens are awesome and make you super duper hotter than the average person. I just made that up, I have no idea if that's true, but let's pretend it is. Go green. Eat your greens. Be a sex machine.

No comments: