here's a money shot of said pie with some fresh salsa, avocado wedges, and what was left of a bag of tortilla chips. nice dinner, cleaned the cupboards, and it was a cinch to make.
second thing i'm stoked about--vegan mofo-(that's the vegan MOnth of FOod for those who aren't familiar with this event). this year it will be in november. i thought it would be october, i worked out a theme and everything, but since it has changed, i'm second guessing my approach. we'll see-((((tenting fingers))))) we'll see. i do have an idea to increase That Pain in the Ass Vegan reader volume and do some good service so PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!
((((insert southern baptist organ music here))))) I WILL DONATE ***HALF*** OF MY FOODBUZZ EARNINGS TO MOTHER HUBBARD'S CUPBOARD FROM HERE ON OUT IF I CAN MAKE MORE THAN***$30*** A MONTH FROM BLOGGING. that's right, readers. to do this, i need 10,000 hits a month. this would be so easy to do--so please spread the word. i promise i'll blog more. my crazy pain in the ass goal? one million hits during the month of november. yep--i want a million. it'll be a challenge--but if you spread the word of how awesome you think i am-(even if you don't really mean it) you will be helping a south central indiana food bank that provides wholesome, nourishing foods to several counties surrounding bloomington. help me help them, please.
and the third thing i'm stoked about is vida vegan con 2011. i am going to work really hard to get the wheels in motion to go to this fab event.
and now for the recipe:
jewbacca's pantry purge burrito pie
- package tortilla shells-(i had whole wheat ones) NOTE: hey fellow vegan jews, you don't know what to do with that box of matzah? you can use matzahs in a square or rectangular casserole dish too!
- can of vegetables of your choice (or frozen, this is a pantry purge after all)
- can of refried beans-(or you can smoosh a can of beans you happen to have on hand)
- can of tomato sauce-(tomato soup might work in a pinch)
- some sort of hot pepper-( i had anaheims from the garden)
- ms. dash chipotle-(or other non salt seasoning blend)
- something fun to garnish the top
- chopped onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
preheat the oven to three fiddy. take a round casserole dish and lightly coat with canola oil. put a splash of tomato sauce on the bottom, spread it around, then put a tortilla down. take your can of veggies-(mixed with the seasonings), mix with peppers and onions and put that on top. top with some tomato sauce, then another tortilla, spread some of the refried beans, then top with another tortilla, repeat the process as you wish until you've filled your casserole dish. any remaining ingredients and make it pretty. bake for 35 minutes. serve with salsa and avocado wedges if you have them. this makes a great fall potluck dish.