so what do i do with all those chiles? aside from the new mexico chile sauce, i make a mean salsa verde:
close up! totally tricked out baked potato loaded with my husband's cheater chili, salsa verde, cheez sauce, and accompanied with some garden of eatin' blue corn chips.
totally tricked out potatoes from a distance. how pretty.
i took the omlette recipe from american vegan kitchen and filled it with vinnie's cheater chili and topped with cheez sauce, and salsa verde. delicious! i will say, there is a definite learning curve to making vegan omelets. first of all, get it out of your head that this will taste like an omelet. think of this more as a tofu crepe. perhaps i did something wrong and that is why it tasted moister than i would have liked and was harder to cook. the filling probably had something to do with it as well.
vinnie's cheater chili
- jar of commercial spaghetti sauce-make sure it's vegan!
- 1 can kroger's organic mixed beans
- 2 t cumin
rinse beans and throw everything in a saucepan.
my mean green salsa verde
- 4 tomatillos-(good sized ones)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic via garlic press
- 1-2 green chiles, diced
- just a splash of lime juice if you have it, cider vinegar if you don't
- sprinkle of salt
- 1T or so of fresh chopped cilantro