Friday, October 2, 2009

granola--yer breakin' my heart. break-fast, that is. MOFO day #3


another awesome batch of muh-muh-muh my granola. i'm mildly frustrated by it because i keep burning it. it is still edible, and mr. jewbacca happily eats it. don't know how to not do that. so if you're making yourself some granola, you'll have to be good at babysitting it because those oats turn quickly. this was still very very good!

tell me about your favorite granola combination. i'd like some ideas.

5 comments:

ZippyZu said...

Hey Jen! A reason you could be burning this stuff is that I noticed from the previous posting of the recipe that the oven is set to 350. I've been making my own granola for years, but the temp is 275- It has to bake for a hour to an hour and 15 minutes (if you make two pans just rotate half way through the bake time) and it has never burnt! Hope that helps :-)

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I love granola. I always used to burn the fruit, so i add it in afterwards now.

nora said...

I generally do a much lower temperature (like Crystal), and bake it for longer. that way it gets crisp while still staying a little chewy. my favs are celine's pb n chips granola (http://havecakewilltravel.com/2008/10/20/this-granola-has-a-chip-on-its-shoulder-too/)

and the ny times olive oil granola...the olive oil makes it super rich and buttery and amazing!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/dining/151arex.html

Chelsea said...

I actually prefer burnt granola... so, gimme! :)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love making my own granola. It makes me feel like I'm sticking it to the man!