Thursday, October 29, 2009

i had the baby! i had two babies! i had three babies! vegan MOFO day 29


ha-ha, fooled you! c'mon, would i really be posting if i had the baby? perhaps--although that would be pretty hardcore even by vegan MOFO standards. truth be told, no. i'd be nursing or napping. OB-GYN-KENOBE sez little cookie needs more time in the oven anyway.

so i finally got around to making these fudge babies that everyone keeps talkin' about. after eating a few i get why everyone is hemmin' and a hawin' over these things-- they are really good, and gluten free! great snack to make for any upcoming halloween celebration. you could probably get extra creative and make them look like eyeballs or something. what an awesome way to get some energy on without spending $1.75 for a larabar! good discovery, ms. chocolate covered katie!

i'd love to prattle on, but i've gotta go watch survivor--it's my guilty pleasure.

MOFO question: what have you made this month that you've never made before? did you get the idea from someone's blog? if so, who's blog?

7 comments:

nora said...

Don't call Survivor a guilty pleasure! I'm proud to say I've watched all 19 seasons in their entirety! My family LOVES survivor, and we LOVE jeff! I feel like i know him. Nice fudge babies!

Darb said...

ooh i got all excited for a minute about lots of jen-babies!!!

Leslie Richman said...

Ooops! I accidently posted as my husband. I'm laying my rightful claim to the jen-baby excitment :)

Jenn said...

Ha. You make me look. I was totally like, geez, she just delivered and is posting already?

Those fudge babies look awesome.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

LOL once again, you crack me up :)

And you're such a sweetie for your kind words. Just like you, I'm super excited that I don't have to shell out tons of dough for Larabars but can still eat yummy treats.

You'd definitely have your hands full with three babies!!

happ Friday, dearie Jen!

planetjenn said...

Hi Jen!

I made Carrot Bisque from VWAV. Loved it, so then I went and did my own thang...roasted veggies, (carrots, taters, purple cauliflower, squash, onion, in a mix with olive oil, garlic, herbs and spices) then I pureed it with buttah, soy milk, and a bit o' veggie stock. then I heated it and added Curry and coconut milk. Turned out uber yummy!!!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I made lasagna roll ups, which are surprisingly easy and I like them because there is no need for a huge pan of lasagna.