Thursday, October 6, 2011

MOFO Day#6 True Grub: Tara's Dirty Rice


I have yet to find a character on the show that I absolutely hate. Most people dislike Vampire Bill, but I find every character to have their own endearing qualities. Tara is one complex onion. In addition to being a sassy gal, she makes a mean dirty rice.

So mean, she will not share the precise recipe because it is just a little different every time. What sets hers apart from most dirty rice dishes is she throws 1/4 to 1/3 cup of roux in her rice in addition to her wheat meat, holy trinity of veggies, and seasonings. She always makes sure the seitan has been run through the food processor to mimic the gizzards-(ew!) in traditional dirty rice.
She has also been testing sandwiches for Tami and Celine's sandwich cookbook as well and paired the rice with the Cajun Lettuce Wraps from the upcoming cookbook. When testing the recipe she said, "I don't know what the f*&^ Ramen noodles are doing in this recipe, but I'll try it." That's Tara for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why everyone hates vampire Bill, I think he's more endearing then some of the other characters on TB. I like your, I mean Tara's, dirty rice. It looks mighty fine.

Vegan Fazool said...

You are so funny. I love a funny post.

I hope you are great!!

Happy MoFoing,
<3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

There are many ways of preparing the Bhringraj plant for application or ingestion, but either Bhringraj powder or Bhringraj oil is
favoured for hair loss treatment. The examinations were then recreated in humans, minus the
skin cancer. Let us look closely on these two and get a good grasp
on why they would make good options.

Here is my blog post - Natural Hair Regrowth