sad note: i broke my vidalia chop wizard yesterday and nearly cried as i threw it in the garbage.
happy note: mr. jewbacca went to CVS and scored me a new one with his extra bucks, coupon gangsta skills, and a gift card--FREE. it was waiting on the counter for me when i got home. what a nice mr. jewbacca!
jewbacca's salsa: (aka ass of fire salsa)
- 1-2 lbs of heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1T ms. dash chipotle flavor
- 2t lime juice
- 1T olive oil
- 3/4 chopped fresh cilantro, less if you want. dried can be used here, but it isn't as good.
- 2 jalapeno or serrano chiles de-seeded and de-membraned *in a pinch i've used chopped pickled jalapenos, about 1/4 c. worth
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/4 t chili powder
- 1/2 t cinnamon-(YES cinnamon)
- 1/2 t salt or 1 t of bragg's liquid aminos
if you have a vidalia chop wizard, use it to chop your tomatoes, onions, and chile peppers. drain any excess liquid from the tomatoes. make sure you wear gloves when chopping chiles, you could really burn your skin. toss everything together in the oil, juice, spices, etc. let flavors meld overnight in fridge. this salsa makes everything taste better. add more chiles if you want to turn up the heat and have a tuchus of fire.