Saturday, May 5, 2012

Berry Whites

So I know these strawberries don't look so sensual. What's going on there? Don't knock it until you try it.
This here is my own concoction and saving grace from eating an entire pie. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I gots to be careful of that stuff and moderate my sugar intake. No problem!

So here's how you make these Berry Whites...get it Barry White? He would rise from the grave to nosh on one of these.

You'll need:

4 Large strawberries BIG ONES. ZOMG! The more ginormous, the better
1/3 cup of Cracklin Oat Bran Cereal and one single coffee bean, run through the coffee mill and set aside. Really, any vegan cereal will do. I just like me some COB.

  • Wash and pat dry the berries. Set aside.
  • Prepare your Cracklin' Oat Bran Dust. Set aside in a shallow dish.
  • Make an assembly line near the pot: strawberries, pan, dish of cereal, wax paper.
  • Heat the JNB on super low heat on a non stick skillet or pan. Stir constantly. Watch that butter!
  • Lightly brush or roll each berry in melted JNB. 
  • Roll each berry IMMEDIATELY in the pulverized cereal.
  • Set on wax paper. 
  • Stick in fridge.
  • Eat once cooled. 
  • Impress your friends.
  • You're welcome.

2 comments:

K.D. Langmire said...

Aww, "Not so sensual." they look awesome, Jen! <3 K8

Vegan Fazool said...

Ha! I was obsessed with COB cereal in high school but don't think I've had it since! It's going on my grocery list right now :-) (I usually don't eat processed cereals really anymore, but damn, that stuff was good!).

xoxo