Monday, June 22, 2009

do you have diabetes?

if you don't have the diabetes now, you'll have it after you have one of these babies. momma has been craving no-bake cookies and i found the following recipe on the post punk kitchen:

i believe this is username esme's recipe:

2 c. sugar
1/3 c. cocoa
1 stick earth balance
1/2 c. non-dairy milk
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oatmeal (I usually use regular thick oats and they're yummy)
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt margarine; add sugar and cocoa; add milk. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. (This is important to do so that the mixture sets up once you form the cookies.) Remove from stove. Stir in rest of ingredients. Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper. Stick them in the fridge.

these are VERY good, but as you can see VERY sugary. that's why it is super important to have these with a nice glass of ice cold non-dairy milk of your choice. do not be surprised if you run around your house talking like a coked up used car salesman.

6 comments:

SoundsLikeCanada said...

Oh my gah, I can't believe you put this recipe up. I LOVE NO BAKES!!! These were my favorite thing that my high school cafeteria served. I would eat, like, 7 of them and then want to collapse. I can't wait to make 'em!

Eddie G said...

:D

Awesome!

nora said...

oh yummmmmmm

ZippyZu said...

It looks like a coco-krispy treat! I have to make these- they look great!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

fast easy and sugary - they sound dangerous!! buh-bye diet!!

Bianca said...

I was trying to develop a low-sugar version of these for my cookbook (we call 'em Mississippi Mud Cookies down here), but all attempts have failed thus far. I think a ton of sugar is necessary to make these babies hold their shape.